Saturday, February 4, 2012

A Week to Get Internet Service?? Post #6

Frank avoided this
Frank is in Gallup, New Mexico. Sure glad he chose the southern route and not his first choice through Denver. He should roll into Paulden around 1:00 tomorrow - UHaul truck, UHaul trailer and Bruce driving the Chevy. I've packed up the stuff I've had at my sister's and loaded the Explorer. Rusty and I will be up before the sun and hit the road tomorrow morning. The main plan for Frank and Bruce tomorrow is to get in, park the UHaul and find a bar with the Super Bowl game. Of course!

Monday will be the day to unload. Lance and a friend will trek over from Flagstaff and we'll all attack the truck. Yeah, really looking forward to that.

One of the first things I have to do is cancel my Sprint service and get set up with Verizon. Verizon is apparently the only company that gets good service. My Sprint phone does not receive a signal at the house. Since there is no signal, I should be able to cancel without penalty. I'm waiting until I get Verizon to fight that battle.

I'm mainly concerned about getting the Internet hooked up. Century Link told me it takes five to seven days. I have to locate somewhere in Chino Valley to sign on. McD's? I may be out of touch for the most part. Can I handle that??!! So that is the main reason for this blog post. I feel like I need to let someone know I haven't split, only in suspension until I'm reconnected.

Thank goodness I got my galley for The Morning After and was able to proof it and get it sent back before I'm in suspension. I'm excited about this novella from The Wild Rose Press but no release date yet.

That's that. Tomorrow we begin actually living in Paulden. Now the fun begins.

10 comments:

  1. Where are you finding the time to post these?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you can see I haven't posted for a while. But give me a few days. Lots to say!

      Delete
  2. No internet for 5-7 days; OMG!! Hope all goes well, and we'll look forward to hearing from you soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to be playing catch up all week. Over 300 emails to sort through!

      Delete
  3. We've been traveling, Brenda, and I just got the chance to catch up -- I'm loving your posts. I hope you can use the Internet downtime to "reboot" from all the craziness. A little spell without all the techno stuff could be good. I am awaiting your next installment eagerly-but-patiently!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, Liz. This kind of down time is work! LOL Now I play catch up.

      Delete
  4. I can relate. My mom only hooked up to the internet a year ago. Prior to that when I visited, I felt like I'd been cut off from civilization as we know it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it funny how we get so used to it. Kind of nice to unplug once in awhile. But like after a vacation, the work has piled up.

      Delete
  5. I so enjoy this blog! Love the book cover! Looking forward to hearing more about life in AZ! Julie Maidment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie. With a week off the Internet and the move in continuing, I have more stories to tell!

      Delete