Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Life's Adventures

Blogging about life's adventures and books...

Adventures past, present, or future. And my books--then and now. 

Although summer doesn't officially start for another three weeks, here in Tonto Basin, Arizona, it's started for me. True, we haven't hit triple digits yet, but it's only days away. I've opened the calendar, and I'm making plans to be away from here as much as possible.

I should get FDW to take me to the lake this week before it's too awfully hot. I prefer Apache Lake, and I don't really care about fishing anymore. A couple of hours sightseeing and eating a packed lunch will do me just fine. Should we take Amigo? That's an adventure I can do without. The dog refuses to stay on the boat and whines incessantly if he can't be in the water.


The first week of June, we'll be dog sitting for the kids which means Phoenix. No cooler, but their place is bigger with a super AC so we can spread

out and chill. Plus, I won't be tempted to clean or do any of those other things that drag my efforts away from writing. Book four in the Chocolate Martini Sisters Mysteries is begging to be written. I've got a book of Christmas short stories on the burner too.

The third week of June we'll head to cooler Prescott and stay in "the cabin" at my sister's. Her hubs did a fantastic job of building a little getaway on their property, and sis put her usual artsy touches to it. This will be the first of many stays this summer. It's bare bones but we have full run
of the main house too. It's our anniversary so we'll be taking in a concert and dinner in quaint Prescott.

July is still sketchy. I have book events, doc appointments, and trips penciled in, but I'll wait to see what adventures we can ink.

August is birthday month...I will soon be making plenty of plans to get out of the heat and celebrate me!

What are your summer adventure plans? Or do you live in one of those places where summer at home is an adventure?


No comments:

Post a Comment