Tuesday, August 25, 2026

Life’s Adventures: Trips and Trauma II

This is summer number 2 of a real mixed bag of highs and lows. 

In May, we made a partial move. We rented an apartment in Scottsdale, Arizona to get out of the heat of the RV at the Ranch. Mom (95-year-old Mom) moved in with us. 

On the high side, we are five minutes away from the kids. That means I’ve been able to play chauffeur to my granddaughter. 

On the low side, a 13-year-old granddaughter is not nearly as interested in spending time with her Nana anymore, so chauffeuring her around, to friends or with her friends, I at least get to see her. 

On the high side, we LOVE the apartment complex where we are living. It’s beautifully landscaped with lots of trees, grass, and flowering bushes which actually keeps it cooler in this gawdawful heat. 

On the low side, the patio isn't seeing much time in this gawdawful heat. 

On the high side, spending time with Mom is a blessing. How many women still have their mom around at 95? She’s spry, loves to shop, but her energy level is spotty. She still does for herself, so we are lucky. 

On the low side, my time isn’t totally my own anymore…that took some adjusting. 

On the high side, one of my books was chosen for a BookBub Featured Deal. I've tried numerous times, but they only let 20% of the submissions pay the outrageous price for the one day ad. The thing is, that one day equals lots of exposure. This is the book: Cornbread, Ribs, and Murder. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CW1GPJR7

On the low side, FDW and I have had numerous doctor appointments. And a few of his doctors are in Payson which is closer to Tonto Basin. Lots of time in the car. 

I’d like to end on all high side notations. 

On the high side, much of his problems are slowly getting better. My one excursion under the knife turned out amazing. 

On the high side, we managed an overnight trip up north to visit friends. 

On the high side, I had a great little birthday celebration with some
family. 

One last high. Although my time is not as free since our move, I am managing to put in some time on the next book. I’m writing a 1969 prequel to The MacKenzie Chronicles. 

All of you have a happy summer…if you haven’t heard, I HATE summer. LOL






 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment