Wednesday, October 7, 2026

Character Guest Post: “Is Stalking a Wicked Passion?” Wicked Wednesday Post by Amber Daulton

WICKED WEDNESDAY

My guest Amber Daulton has opened the door for her character Ángel Rascón. He has a villainous tale you'll want to read on this Wicked Wednesday. 

People talk about wicked men like we crawl out of the dark already ruined. Like the choices come easy. Like the line between right and wrong snaps clean. I used to believe that, too, until the day Marisol knelt beside me on the sidewalk and kept me alive with her bare hands.

I’d been shot. Heat tore through my chest and shoulder. Blood soaked my shirt and pooled under me. A drive‑by isn’t personal until you’re the one bleeding out on the street, trying to stay conscious long enough to figure out who pulled the trigger. I should’ve died there. Fate disagreed.

When I woke up the next day in the hospital, Marisol was there. She’d stayed overnight in her blood-smeared clothes just to make sure I pulled through the surgery. We were strangers, but her kindness hooked its claws into me.

That’s when I developed my new favorite passion—stalking.

I filed a background check on her, and once released from the hospital, I drove by her house. More than once. All right, a dozen times. Then I waited in her yard, behind the bushes, along the fence line, watching her move through her life like she wasn’t the reason I was still breathing.

Six weeks of recovery gave me too much time to think. Her voice replayed in my head. The memory of her touch. The sassy sweetness in her smile. The huskiness in her laugh. I built an innocent version of her in my mind and wanted the real woman in my life. I fell in love with the idea of her.

Before long, I knew her routine—when she slept, what she ate, where she went, who she associated with—and I learned one very important thing. She was as lonely as me.

Thankfully, she’s a physical therapist and agreed to take me on as a patient. She hadn’t seen me since the hospital, but when I walked into her treatment room for my first session, it had only been a few hours since I last watched her from the shadows.

She was mine to protect. She just didn’t know it yet.

Wicked men with a passion like mine justify everything. I’m no different.

When my crewmate, Bruno, broke into her home, I couldn’t keep to the shadows anymore. I didn’t think. Didn’t hesitate. I went straight through that door and dragged the man off her. Turns out, her brother stole from the cartel. To get the money back, my crew figured the best way to find him was to target her. Now, my loyalties are tested. But one thing will never change.

Marisol is mine. You touch her, you pay the price.

If that makes me wicked, then fine. I’m as wicked as they come. And I don’t regret a damn thing. 

 


Blurb 

A drive-by shooting lands him in the hospital. And in the arms of temptation.

Cartel enforcer Ángel Rascón knows he should stay away from the woman who saved his life. Marisol is a sensual blend of fire and innocence, irresistible to his inner beast. She’s also the little sister of a man now on the run from the cartel—Ángel’s friend and former partner. Getting involved with her could destroy everything he’s worked for, but when she’s threatened, it’s game on.

Physical therapist Marisol Cruz knows Ángel is dangerous, yet he’s always there. Watching. Waiting. Wanting. After her brother’s enemies track her down, Ángel appoints himself her protector with every intoxicating kiss.

Ángel will have to risk his position—and his life—to keep her safe. But Marisol faces the most devastating choice of all. Loving her stubborn enforcer may mean losing her brother forever. 

– Book 3.5 in the dark romance series, the Lozano Cartel. All the books can be read as a standalone, but are part of an interconnected series.

– Scenes featuring gang violence and suicide may be uncomfortable for some readers.

– No cheating. HEA guaranteed! 

Tagline: He was never supposed to touch her. Now he’ll kill to protect her. 

Download Links: 

Just 99 cents for a limited time! 

Direct from Author: https://books.amberdaulton.com/BreakingHerEnforcerDirect

Universal: https://books2read.com/BreakingHerEnforcer

Amazon: https://amzn.to/43dXnRa

Barnes & Noble: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/breaking-her-enforcer-amber-daulton/ 1149425099?ean=2940185002971

Kobo: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/breaking-her-enforcer

Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/books/details/Amber_Daulton_Breaking_Her_Enforcer?id=ncW_EQAAQBAJ

Apple/iBooks: https://apple.co/4uZMn5u

Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1963634

BookShop.org (Support Local Bookstores!): https://bookshop.org/a/121133/9798233981111

 

Author Bio: 

Amber Daulton writes raw, edgy romantic suspense and dark cartel romance featuring high stakes, deep passion, and defiant hearts. She’s the author of the Lozano Cartel, Arresting Onyx, Embracing You, and Ramseys in Time series, as well as a rich catalog of standalone novellas. Her books are available worldwide in digital, print, and select audio formats.

From her home base in North Carolina, she builds dangerous criminal underworlds and maps out fierce, second-chance love stories alongside her supportive husband and her demanding feline writing assistant, Zita.

Website: https://amberdaulton.com

Facebook: https://facebook.com/amberdaultonauthor1

No comments:

Post a Comment