Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Wicked Muse

Wicked Wednesday

My muse has been really upset with me over the last several weeks. Once Thanksgiving got close, I haven’t taken enough time at the computer keyboard, but that doesn’t mean I haven’t been thinking about the next series. Scenes have been flitting around in my head, and something very strange is happening. Normally, my characters will have a past, back story in author speak, that is necessary for me to develop the character, but won’t make it into the book. 

Surprise! Surprise! Says my wicked muse. 

There are characters popping up in the back story, events in the town of Joshua, Arizona from the past, that are demanding to be told. I’m in a quandary how to handle this. Two separate series or a series that spans nearly fifty years? Do I start with present day and then drop back to the past for the second series…kind of do a Star Wars movie sequence? This much…I do not know yet.

The holidays have kept my fingers from getting these ideas into the computer, but this can’t go on much longer. My head is bursting with ideas and if I don’t get them out, I’m sure some will seep out my ears and be lost forever. 

Meanwhile, I have two books in the audio process right now. The fifth and final book in the Love and Murder Series is on my editor’s desk. And I’ve been juggling more than one promo. 

I’m sure you’re as busy as I am with holiday family happenings. Are you finding time to read? When I finally climb into bed, I plump the pillows and open a good book. I’ve tasked myself with finding new authors and having fun with that. I’ve read books by Alison Henderson, Jannine Gallant, and Rolynn Anderson. Right now, I’m reading a time travel by Casi McLean. 

Have you discovered any new authors lately? I’d love to hear!



No comments:

Post a Comment