Monday, September 30, 2013

How To Bypass Your Fingers When Writing A Book

MUSE MONDAY
The biggest problem I have with writing is speed. No matter how fast I write it isn't fast enough for the amount of time I have to devote to my novels. Someone needs to invent a think machine. It could look like a laptop but all you'd have to do is look at it and that book in your head would appear. The only time consuming part of it would be editing. Editing would require actually reading the words and polishing the manuscript.

Most of my writing goes on in my head. How great it would be to go straight from head to computer. I could go about my daily chores and obligations, creating the book in my head and at the end of the day look at my computer and bam! Three hundred pages would appear.

Until that happens, frustration reigns. At present, I'm working on edits for The Art of Love and Murder that The Wild Rose Press contracted me for last week. There are blogs to write and promo points to mind for Amanda in the Summer which is partway into a three month Amazon run until the worldwide release in December. Southwest of Love and Murder is 2/3 done and I really need to pick up the pace so that this sequel is not to far behind book one. I need to begin the re-editing process for Honey On White Bread that Melange Books might reissue (my proposal they are considering) when I get the sequel written - which is only a glimmer in my head right now but needs to become black on white in my computer. Oh and did I mention I'd really like to tackle a book in the Viet Nam era? But I can't do that until I get book three done of my love and murder series.

I know I'm not alone in this. I'll bet there are plenty of authors out there would pay the price for a think computer. Are you listening Bill Gates?

No comments:

Post a Comment