Thursday, June 9, 2016

SOLD!



 TRIPPIN' THURSDAY

In everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose...in our latest season, with only a vague plan and a touch of creativity, we're off on another adventure. Half of this twosome is retired; my half will probably never know what that means. I promise to share.
Sold the first day

What a whirlwind these last few weeks have been. Bittersweet. With only half of us here, the farm isn't a farm, and selling it just seems right. As for the whirlwind...Frank and I have been trippin’ through fields, painting, cleaning, and completing all the repairs we should’ve tackled
All spruced up
long before now. We met with two realtors and chose Karen Riley, a delightful woman who was born and raised in Prescott, but has lived in Paulden for years.

We must’ve chosen correctly because in the first 48 hours she listed the farm, we had three offers. We weren’t ready for that! Thinking it would take at least a couple of months to sell, we really had no plan on
Lizards are fat this year
where we would move. And we still don’t know. We’ve been too busy to look.

We still need to sell the tractor.

Today we have the home inspection and the well inspection. Next
A fruit tree from the sucker I planted in 2012
week will be the termite inspection and the following week the septic gets pumped. July 7th is the expected closing date. Looks like it will be quite a fourth of July for us!

Really big tomato plant the first year
Sharing some pictures from now and then. I’ll have to let you know just where we’ll be trippin’ to next…when we know!

Hollyhock by front door
 
More hollyhock
The only cactus on the property
Me...dressed to weed in 2012

14 comments:

  1. Congrats on the sale. I bet you'll miss it. I miss mine 20 years later. Linda









    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will and I won't. It was a fun adventure while it lasted, Linda, but I'm ready for a new one.

      Delete
  2. Oh my, I know you're probably very excited about your new life adventure. I'll miss your farm stories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck, Brenda, on the sale and the move. Change is hard, but change is good, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pretty much thrive on change, Stanalei. So...here we go!

      Delete
  4. Goodness, it happened fast! Congratulations and best of luck in the final move!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to hear about the next adventure. How's the new life working for the kids?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just around the corner, Liz. CO is great for the kids. We'll trek there next month hopefully.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on the quick sale - you know it's the right thing to do when everything falls into place so easily. Best wishes on your new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then why am I so nervous, Ashantay? LOL I guess until the money is in hand...moving so fast.

      Delete
  7. Good luck. Sounds like you're going to land on your feet running.

    Buy a travel trailer and have a mad adventure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Janice. We do have an RV parked in Tonto Basin so that may be where we start!

      Delete