Saturday, July 28, 2018

Reading and #Reviews (Henderson, Gallant, Thomas, and Dean)

I'm a writer, but I'm also a reader. Each month, I'll share with you what I'm reading and some reviews. My available time to read is limited because I write, but I love to curl up with a book or a reader at night for the last hour of my waking day.

I tend to read what I write, but not exclusively. My current read is a Romantic Suspense by Alison Henderson entitled Undercover Nanny. I'm not quite finished so you'll have to wait until next month for the review. But I also like detective thrillers, WWII historicals, mysteries, and some main stream character driven novels.

Here are some of the books I've read recently. Maybe you'll discover a new book or author!

Wilde Thing by Jannine Gallant
I love the Wilde brothers. This is the 4th book in the series so I highly recommend reading each of the Wilde brother's Romantic Suspense stories. This handsome, wild Wilde brother, Tripp, never took notice of the friend of his sister who had a mighty crush on him. Now, she's grown, and he can't believe he never paid attention to her. Hannah has matured and although Tripp still causes her to go all limp, she's not the insecure little girl anymore. Add to that a mystery of who killed who and why are they after Tripp and/or Hannah and you've got a complete read.
BUY LINK CLICK HERE



Seeking the American Dream by Heidi M. Thomas
This is a WWII Historical Drama. Heidi transports the reader to another time and place. From post WWII Germany to the sometimes-brutal Montana ranch life, this novel explores one woman's journey as she faces impossible odds to live her dream. You won't be disappointed. This is book one in the series.





BUY LINK CLICK HERE






Haunting at Spook Light Inn by Alicia Dean
This is a Gothic Mystery Romance. This is the first novel I've read by Alicia and it won't be my last. I loved the premise of a non-believer getting spooked and then owning her experience. The characters are vivid and I love character driven novels. Alicia does an excellent job of taking us with them to live the events that shape their lives. I don't often miss my bedtime with a story, but this one had me staying up late to finish.



BUY LINK CLICK HERE


6 comments:

  1. Thanks for reviewing, Brenda. I’m glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the mention and the review, Brenda! Love seeing what you're reading and recommending.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like I told Jannine, I love sharing the books I enjoy.

      Delete
  3. Wow, Brenda...I'm flattered! Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I enjoyed writing this story and I'm so glad you enjoyed reading it!

    ReplyDelete