Friday, December 2, 2022

What's Holding You Back by D. V. Stone #FearlessFriday

 FEARLESS FRIDAY

Please welcome D.V. Stone to Discover... Her take on fearless is worth reading. Enjoy!

Thank you, Brenda, for inviting me to your Fearless Friday blog.

I’m trying to think of something fearless. I’m not afraid of too much. Spiders will send me running. Snakes, mice, and other creepy crawly things may startle me, but I’m not scared of them. I’ve repelled off of a three-story building and gone cave-splunking. I’ve driven over 100mph and taken several long road trips alone. Let’s say I’m adventurous. So why am I here talking about rash or life-changing?

Many of us don’t think what we do is life-changing. How many of you get up every day to feed your kids and trudge off to work so tomorrow you can feed them again? How many start new lives after divorce? Me, and many of you, too, I bet. How many have taken all your money and sunk it into a new business or returned to school? Me, and many of you, too, I bet.

So, besides all the things that are supposed to frighten us, I think the most life-changing thing is to get up every day and do what we can. We don’t know what’s coming down the road. And most importantly, realize that each of our lives is important and life-changing.

Things happen. Maybe you will lose a job like I did. That was terrible. Half of our household income disappeared in a flash, and we didn’t make a lot. Ultimately, I found a new job, but in the middle of the anxiety and depression, I took a step that brought me here today.

I began to write. Self-doubt and fear nearly overwhelmed me. Who did I think I was, thinking I could author a book? But I kept at it. It was my secret. No one could access my computer, so I indulged. Then came the day I had to let someone else look at it and critique it. Terrifying. Most of us worry what others will think, especially creatives. The choice always comes down to three things

1.    Stop and stay. But where does that get you?

2.    Wait. But will that eventually turn into #1?

3.    Go ahead and give it a try. What’s the worst that could happen? Now, I’m not talking about taking the mortgage money and buying a lottery ticket. What I’m saying is that to the best of your ability, take a step toward your dream. Test the water. If it’s only fear holding you back, smack that down.

In my newest book Kisa, she thought she knew what was expected. Duty and honor were her everyday companions until she took a leap and allowed herself to fall in love with someone she shouldn’t have. She didn’t understand; as everyone else’s caregiver, she deserved love. They did and approved her match.

What’s holding you back?


In a war between humans and shifters, sparks and fur fly…Until scales appear.
Princess Kisa, the middle daughter in the shifter nation of Dar, is often overlooked and underestimated. Always the devoted caregiver of family and country, she’s come to terms with her future as a Shield-Mate in a political marriage. Many, including Kisa, are surprised when her father names her as heir to his throne.
Kalman, once a privileged son of the former protectorate Sorota, is an outcast and man without a future. The people of Ruinae consider him a weak, self-indulgent man. Only his trusted servant knows the heart of the soldier beneath the veneer.
Forces are gathering against the two countries, and now dragons, long banished to the outland, have returned. Kisa and Kalman are charged by King Dar to find out how entrenched the dragons are with the enemy. Since a long-ago meeting, Kalman never forgot the spitfire Lynx-shifter. He’s no longer the boy she’d met, but a man. One determined to have her despite their differences. But Kisa can’t fall in love with the enemy. Can she? Would her people accept not only the son of Sorota but one whom her family also seeks retribution?

Amazon Buy Link


D. V. Stone is an award-winning, multi-genre, traditionally and independently published author. She writes books people want to read. Whether romance or fantasy, her stories are about the importance of


friends and family. About overcoming obstacles while doing it with humor.

Amazon Author Page

8 comments:

  1. Enjoyed your post, D. V. And you're so right. Life-changing can be in those things we do every day. (I limited my lottery buys to a dollar a time. and then I usually play only when the jackpot is large. As i like to say, if I'm going to lose, I might was well lose big.) All the best with your new book! I'm looking forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I hope your number is chosen. D.

      Delete
  2. I love this post, Donna. You are right about things that make us fearless. One of the most frightening things I've ever done is write a true story and publish it. I had every self-doubt anyone could think of. Yes, I did it and never looked back! This is a stunning book cover, and the story is compelling! Congrats on the new release. Thank you, Brenda, for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be brave and you were. Good for you. Thanks for being vulnerable. D.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful post. Thanks for sharing. Good luck with Kisa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck and God's blessings with your new release!
    PamT

    ReplyDelete