Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Wicked Hero aka Bad Boy by Amber Daulton #wicked #redemption


WICKED WEDNESDAY

Please welcome Amber Daulton as the guest blogger today. Nothing like a wicked hero! Bad boys can steal our hearts. Enjoy.

Even though Mason Harding is the hero of his book, Arresting Mason, he can be a pretty wicked man. After all, that’s what bad boys are supposed to be. He appeals to me as both a reader and writer because I love redemption and second chance stories. Just because someone makes a mistake (depending on the mistake, really), I don’t think they should be ostracized from society, especially if they’re trying to make amends to live a better life.

The idea for this character and the book came to me in a dream. In my dreams, however, I’m always the leading lady, and I fell in love with a secretive ex-con with a dangerous past. I couldn’t stop thinking about Mason for days after that, and his seductive voice kept urging me to write about him as I tossed and turned in bed at night, so I finally wrote out a tentative plot.

For Mason, he was 18 years old when he and a few friends robbed a liquor store. Two innocent men were shot as a result, but Mason did what he could to save the men’s lives. He went to prison for it and has regretted that night ever since. While in the slammer, he joined a drug gang and used his fists more often than not. After a while, he made some changes and watched his attitude, but prison is no place for good guys. Now on parole, he’s left his criminal life behind, but the past has a way sneaking up on people and it’s definitely riding his backside.

Despite his mistakes, Mason loves his family and friends, and he’s holding down a respectable job. He’s a good example of someone turning their lives around for the better. Otherwise, his ladylove, Mia Eddison, wouldn’t be with him. According to Mia, and I quote: “Mistakes are a fact of life. It’s how you respond to those mistakes, or how you cope, that defines you as a person.” I think that pretty much sums this up. Everyone makes mistakes, but those who can move on and make a good life for themselves and those they love, in spite of any and all adversities, deserves a pat on the back. Even wicked boys like Mason.

Blurb

Once you’re in a prison gang, you’re in it for life. That’s what Mason Harding thought until the boss accepted his resignation. After the State releases him on parole, a sexy divorcée behind the wheel of a car almost ends his life quicker than a shank. His chance encounter with Mia Eddison results in a night of passion, but her brother—his parole officer—catches them together and doesn’t approve.

Mia falls hard for the cocky ex-con, but not because of his chiseled body. She vows to break through his walls and discover his secrets, but never expects those secrets to threaten her life.
When members of an organized crime ring kidnap Mia to force Mason’s return to the gang, he goes up against an old friend to save the woman he loves. Will his sacrifice be enough or will everything fall apart in a blaze of gunfire?

Excerpt

“You’re not a bitch queen, but it is high and mighty of you to expect me to blurt out all my mistakes when you know I don’t trust people easily. I trust you—don’t misunderstand me—but women have stabbed me in the back before, so I took the safe road.” Her disappointment struck him hard, worse than her anger could have, and her gentle reprimand reduced him to feeling like the worst type of shit. “It goes against everything I believe in to tell you about my past.”
“Why?”
“Because I love you.” The words spilled from his mouth. As her eyes widened, he swallowed hard to soothe his rough voice, but he couldn’t take back those stupid words. “I love you, Mia, and I know you’ll stab me in the back any time now.”


Buy Links

Barnes and Noble – https://bit.ly/2uOj90J
Google Play – https://bit.ly/2Izu3cZ
The Wild Rose Press store – http://bit.ly/2FSVvBa

Author Bio

Amber Daulton is the author of the romantic-suspense series Arresting Onyx and several standalone novellas. Her books are published through The Wild Rose Press and Books to Go Now, and are available in ebook, print on demand, audio, and foreign language formats.
Amber lives in North Carolina with her husband and four demanding cats. Feel free to visit her at http://www.amberdaultonauthor.blogspot.com.

Social Media Links

Facebook Author Page – www.facebook.com/amber.daulton.author


2 comments:

  1. Wicked heroes are the greatest. I just love 'em! :)
    Thank you for hosting me!

    ReplyDelete