Thursday, May 7, 2020

A Charmed Life...and I Still Have My Mom #MothersDay


Dedicated to Mom...

Mom now
When posed with the question for what am I thankful, the first thing that pops into my head is family. Although my maternal and paternal grandparents had rather large families, seven children on both sides, my immediate family is small. I am one of three children and each of us had one son. A few more came to us through marriage. We’re small and close.

I've always said we live a charmed life. FDW doesn't always agree when we've been faced with heartache, loss of loved ones, sickness, and financial woes. But we hang together, take comfort in each other, and come through with laughter. Laughter is a big component in our family.

My mom will turn ninety this year. 90! I grew up listening to stories of her life in the 1930s and 1940s. I lost my father not long after he turned sixty. I’m so thankful to still have Mom with me, healthy and spry for eighty-nine! Post-War Dreams is set in 1945 Phoenix,
Mom then
Arizona. I borrowed heavily from her real life adventures, sad and happy.

Blurb:
World War II has ended and the soldiers are coming home. After years of following her crop worker father, motherless Claire Flanagan is also coming home. If she can keep her father in one place long enough, she plans to follow her dreams to Hollywood. Until she meets Benjamin.

Benjamin Russell has been working since he was fifteen to support his mother and siblings. What he most wants in life is to own a construction business and take care of the family his father abandoned. The last thing he expects is to fall for his younger sister’s best friend.

Life, however, throws cruel twists and turns into the path of romance. And when an unrequited love seeks revenge against Claire, and Benjamin learns his ex-girlfriend is pregnant, lost dreams of a future together could be the only thing they have left.








2 comments:

  1. Brenda, like you, I am still blessed with having my mom, as well as her twin sister. They alternately harass and love each other far away in Iowa, as sisters do. They turned 87 a week ago and are still spry and very active, for which I'm grateful. Also like you, our family is very small and has gotten through life on the joys of love and laughter. May we all have many more years together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah that is great. Wonderful. Thanks for coming by, Dee.

      Delete