Monday, April 25, 2022

Rockstar, Bad Boy, and #Inspiration by Heather E. Andrews

MUSE MONDAY

Please join me in welcoming Heather E. Andrews to Muse Monday on Discover... Yum a rockstar and a singer. And I love how she was inspired for this story. Enjoy!

Can a bad boy rockstar overcome his rough reputation to gain the respect of his colleagues? Can a hometown sweetheart make her dreams come true in LA?

Will falling in love threaten everything?

The inspiration for Bright Melody came from watching videos of The Voice and American Idol on YouTube. I watched American Idol during its first season and Kelly Clarkson won. I became fascinated with what it would feel like to perform onstage, trying to prove yourself to the world.

Then Gwen Stefani fell in love with Blake Shelton. I thought that was super romantic. Then I thought, how controversial would it be if she’d fallen in love with one of the contestants? That's how Bright Melody began to form.

I've watched a lot of clips of The Voice and American Idol while doing research for the book. I find it interesting that though the winner gets a record contract, they’re not more likely to be successful. In fact, very few artists who've won have gone on to sustain popular careers. Kelly Clarkson is an exception, but she also received a lot of criticism because of her weight and has pulled back from the industry.

In the middle of the storm, she is my sunshine.

Can a bad boy rockstar overcome his rough reputation to gain the respect of his colleagues? Can a hometown sweetheart make her dreams come true in LA?

Will falling in love threaten everything? 

Travis’ reputation is in tatters, and he needs to revamp his rep now. Jody is a hometown singing sensation taking what could be her last chance to make her dreams come true. Jody joins the Hidden Voices competition where Travis is a judge. As they both fight for their futures, will falling in love threaten everything?

Travis
A leaked sex tape. A bitter ex-girlfriend. An angry record label.
Nobody was happy with me right now.
My band was going on hiatus to weather the fallout. The label slotted me as a judge for Hidden Voices to recoup my reputation.
I didn't expect to find Jody singing behind the veil, her voice warming my soul, her soft body calling to me.
But I can't get involved with a contestant if I'm a judge, or my reputation and my career could bomb.

Jody
Music was the light of my life, the link to my late mother, the energy in my veins, the sun in my sky.
When I took the stage with my little garage band at the local biker bar, people stopped and paid attention. I might not be LA famous, but in Savannah, I was a rockstar. I just had to learn to tame my attitude and my insecurities if I wanted a shot at the big leagues, or the industry was going to eat me alive.
Then Hidden Voices had blind auditions in my area and Momma D told me I had to go. So off I went, ready to follow my dreams, even if I crashed and burned in the arms of a forbidden judge.

Excerpt: 

“I’m sorry, ma’am. I don’t mean to offend you. I just wasn’t expecting to get mauled by a crowd. Usually I’m protected in crowds.” He paused and squinted when he looked at us. “Not to sound pretentious, but do you know who I am?”

“Of course. I may be old but I’m not dead. You’re that singer who showed his ding-a-ling on camera for all the world to see.” Momma clucked three times in disapproval. “And now you’re running away from mobs of women. Boy do you keep catnip in your jockeys or something?”

I burst out laughing, unable to control myself. Oh. My. God. My mother just asked Travis White, the most popular lead singer in the world, if he kept catnip in his pants. I wish I had this moment on video. 

“Well just because he’s Travis White, don’t mean he shouldn’t behave. You’re a celebrity, Mr. White, you need to be a good example. Kids pay attention.” Momma D began her lecture.

Release Date: May 30, 2022

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09VZBJHMR

Universal Amazon: http://mybook.to/BrightMelody_HEA


Find out more about Heather and her books here: AMAZON AUTHOR PAGE

 

 


1 comment: