Monday, April 4, 2022

Character Interview: #rocker #political #mysteryromance

I'm sharing another Character Interview with one of my personal favorites. He gets my pulse racing!

Christmas and Politics. Joy and Jeopardy. Love and Murder. That’s how it all comes together in book four of the Love and Murder Series, The Power of Love and Murder. 

Jake Winters is an ex-rock star, not long out of rehab. He’s still got a positive outlook in spite of being down on his luck. He’s come to Flagstaff, Arizona to stay with his sister, Mandy, and meets her best friend, Penny, and a whole lot of trouble and danger he didn't expect. 

Q: Good morning, Jake. I’m a little flustered sitting across from a rock and roll hotty.

A: Oh, please, don’t embarrass me. Those days are over...with good and bad memories behind me. 

Q: You’re single. Widowed or divorced and any children?

A: I’ve never been married. There was never time to get serious about anyone. 

Q: But with Penny there might be a chance?

A: If she can forget our first meeting. I was a rocker, stoned, and full of myself. Now, I’m trying to be her friend…or something. 

Q: Sounds like she’s caught your attention. Tell me more.

A: I don’t know how long I’ll be in Flagstaff. It’s cold, but it’s Christmas and my sister wants me to stay. Penny has secrets, dangerous secrets, and I’d suddenly like to break through the wall she’s built. She’s a pixie of a lady with a sharp wit. 

Q: Let’s try some flash questions to get to know you more personally.

A: Hey, I was once all about flash. 

Q: Night or Day?

A: Penny drove us up to the Snow Bowl on top of the San Francisco Peaks. I have to say, sun sparkling on the snow was pretty breathtaking. 

Q: Love or lust?

A: I used to be all about lust. Maybe I should try my hand at love

 Q: Boxers, briefs, or commando.

A: Well, bugger, you got me. Commando! 

The Power of Love and Murder was a RONE Award Finalist

This Christmas, Penny Spark’s desire to reconnect with family causes her to expose her true identity—a secret she’s hidden for thirteen years from the political powers who murdered her family. 

Jake Winters is out of rehab and coming to grips with his demons. When he meets Penny, he believes this holiday season could be the start of life after rock star status…until her secrets blow up his world. 

With a government agent turned hit man closing in on her, Penny and Jake race to expose the presidential contender behind the murders of her family. Even if they win the race with death, the murder that stands between them could end their hope for a new life. 

N N Light Reviews

If you’re a fan of romantic suspense, this is a must read. If you’re a fan of suspense and/or political thrillers, you’ll love it! 

Still Moments Magazine, Between the Pages

A fast-paced romance packed with action and suspense.

InD'tale Magazine

“The Power of Love and Murder” is utterly addictive!e

Kam’s Place Reviews

Like the other "Love and Murder" books in the series, Brenda crafted a story full of mystery, corruption, bit of romance, and ended it all with a happily ever after.

You can find out even more about Mason Meadowlark by clicking HERE 

The Love and Murder Series is available in eBook, print, and audio:

AMAZON

GOOGLE PLAY

KOBO

BARNES & NOBLE

BOOKS-A-MILLION

BOOKSHOP.ORG


2 comments:

  1. Your writing is just great, Brenda! I've loved everything of yours I've read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so nice of you to let me know, Dee. Thank you!

      Delete