Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Character Interview #romance #suspense #mystery

Writing murder mysteries is all in a day's work until an obsessed fan brings Phoebe's stories to life, throwing her into her own murder mystery…and the next target on his list is Mason.

In Southwest of Love and Murder, the heroine, Phoebe, is more than a little attracted to Mason Meadowlark. Mason is the sheriff’s brother from book one, The Art of Love and Murder. He’s a rancher in Chino Valley, Arizona and the polar opposite of his brother. 

Q: Hi Mason. Thanks for being here. I understand you have quite the reputation as a playboy.

A: Someone’s been telling tales. 

Q: You’re single. Widowed or divorced and any children?

A: I’m divorced. We, uh, no children. My baby daughter died. 

Q: I’m sorry. Anything more you’d like to add?

A: No. That was a long time ago. 

Q: Anyone special in your life right now?

A: Hey, they’re all special, right? Although, I do have to say, Phoebe blew into my life, and I can’t get her off my mind any more than I can get the prairie out of my soul. 

Q: Sounds like she’s rocked your world, to coin a cliché. Tell me more.

A: She’s not like anything we have in this ranching country. Phoebe is a murder/mystery writer with a sense of humor and a sexiness you can’t ignore. I call her my gypsy. 

Q: Let’s try some flash questions to get to know you more personally.

A: Sure. Shoot. 

Q: Night or Day?

A: Night. Moon over the prairie. Coyotes howling. Sitting on the veranda with an after-dinner bourbon and watching the stars twinkle in Phoebe’s eyes. 

Q: Love or lust?

A: Ha. Well, let’s start with lust and see where it goes. 

Q: Boxers, briefs, or commando.

A: My brother warned me about you. Boxers.

 

You can find out even more about Mason Meadowlark here: MEET THE CHARACTERS

Successful mystery writer, Phoebe Anderson, killed her first husband on paper seventeen years earlier. Now, someone has actually done it. Mason Meadowlark is happy with his wild cowboy ways, avoiding love since the death of his baby and his marriage twenty years ago until Phoebe shows up. With an obsessed fan close on her heels, Phoebe is thrown into her own murder mystery…and the next target on his list is Mason.



BOOK BUY LINKS:

4 comments: