Thursday, July 25, 2024

The Next Book

Summertime sucks the creativity out of me. I guess I should qualify that statement by adding Arizona summertime. The heat makes it hard for me to think. With the advent of the monsoons spiking the humidity, I'm darn near comatose.

But...the book must go on. Luckily, I have a co-author partner in the midwest who keeps me barreling ahead. When Joyce sends me a chapter, I can't ignore my duty. Truth is, the writing keeps me sane. I can block out the misery of summer when I am fully ensconsed in the lovely, cooler town of Wyatt, Arizona. Not to say I'm not having to scrape up my Muse from a melted puddle on the floor from time to time.

This fourth book in the Chocolate Martini Sisters Mystery books will be Puppies, Yoga, and Murder. We've got puppy snatchers, yoga classes, and of course murder for sisters Em and Nic to handle. Here's a peek. These are the first few sentences of the latest mystery adventure:

Nic glanced at the time in the corner of her computer screen. “Where on earth did this day go?” Springing from her desk chair, she hit send on the travel article she’d written. Then froze. Should she have proofed it one more time? “Gah, don’t be neurotic.”

That doesn't give you much hint into the mayhem and murder to come. Okay, one more peek:

Emma shirked back from the bushes and halted her quizzical aunt’s advance with a raised hand. “Stop.” A shiver raced up her spine. A dead body. Ugh.

That's all the hints I can give. Besides, I'm up for writing chapter five, and I need to get back to it before Joyce catches me.

Although we live nearly 2,000 miles apart, we’re good friends and avid writing partners. We met when we both lived in Minnesota. This writing partnership now spans the Midwest to the West.

The Chocolate Martini Sisters Mystery Series was born in an historical bar in a real-life western town in Arizona. With nothing but a title and a vague storyline, I wanted to venture into the cozy mystery world. I approached Joyce with my idea. That’s all it took. She was off and running. She is my synopsis hero. I hope you enjoy reading these stories as much as I enjoy writing them with my partner in murder and mayhem.


No comments:

Post a Comment