Friday, April 7, 2023

A Moving Adventure by Terry Segan #Fearless Friday #TimeTravel

FEARLESS FRIDAY

Please welcome Terry Segan to Fearless Friday. She made one of those fearless moves of discovery and came out on top. Read on!

Ever wonder what it would be like to move to a new city without first securing a job and a place to live? I did just that in my early twenties. Not being satisfied to go only a town or two away, I slapped a cartop carrier onto the roof of my Toyota Corolla and took off for the opposite coast.

I’d grown up on Long Island and wanted a new adventure—a new life. The beaches of Southern California called to me, and I had no choice but to answer with a resounding, “Yes!”

I’ve always been a bit of a wanderer, never settling for the same thing all the time. While this doesn’t always afford stability, I got to work in a variety of industries over the ensuing decade. With my secretarial skills, I could work in most any office setting. My very first job had been on the lot of a major movie studio.

After that year, I decided to work part time toward a college degree, while working for temp agencies. The freedom of not having a permanent job allowed me to take time off to travel. In between trips, I worked several positions as an Honorary Imagineer at the Disney offices in Pasadena and also for an airline, who later hired me.

Following my dream of living in another country, I spent a fall semester in Cambridge, England. Wanting to see more of Europe the following spring, I went on a six-week backpack trip through Europe with a friend. We began in London and wound up in the Greek Islands for the final ten days.

All of these adventures took a leap of faith, as I didn’t always know where I’d end up. Now, much later in life, I’ve begun a new career as a paranormal fiction writer. Another leap. It’s much like the characters, Keira and Grayson, in my current book, The Jelly Bean Jump Project. They must take a leap of faith to pursue their dream of time travel and don’t always know where their future will take them.

Are you ready for your next adventure? 

Book & Bio info: 

THE JELLY BEAN JUMP PROJECT  Release date: April 17, 2023 PREORDER NOW

Fate drew them together. Will their dream of time travel keep them apart? 

Keira longed to do something amazing with her life. When offered a chance to join a time travel program, she didn’t hesitate. With her soulmate by her side, nothing could be more perfect.

Grayson never believed happiness would find him until he met Keira. Lightning struck twice when both got accepted into The Jelly Bean Jump Project, a time travel experiment. Only a handful of applicants made the cut each year.

One of the requirements—no family ties. Keira and Grayson were alone in the world except for each other. An adventure of a lifetime awaited, until a glitch in the system threatened to tear them apart. Would they walk away from their fantasy or surrender their hearts in exchange?

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Jelly-Project-Beans-Spring-Things-ebook/dp/B0BVRW4H3Q

Barnes & Noble: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-jelly-bean-jump-project-terry-segan/1143069048 

Author Website: https://terrysegan.com/

Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/AuthorTerrySegan

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/terrysegan

Twitter: https://twitter.com/SeganTerry

Bio:

 

Terry Segan, originally from Commack, NY, now resides in the desert where she’ll never require an ice scraper or snow shovel again. The beach is her happy place, but any opportunity to travel soothes her gypsy soul. The stories conjured by her imagination while riding backseat on her husband’s motorcycle can be found throughout the pages of her paranormal mysteries. Growing up immersed in sarcastic humor and science fiction movies, Terry’s goals are to cause her readers to laugh out loud, cry with joy, or cower under the covers wondering if the noise under the bed was real or imagined.

5 comments:

  1. No wonder your characters are so fearless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some characters and actions are inspired from real life. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. What a fantastic spotlight on Terry and her new book. She has had an adventurous life! Thanks, Brenda, for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Jan. Yes, Brenda created an awesome spotlight for me!

      Delete