Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Wicked Sexy with Sadira Stone on #Wicked Wednesday #erotica


WICKED WEDNESDAY


It's wicked sexy today. Please welcome my guest, Sadira Stone. Read on and enjoy. Then go to her web site and sign up for her newsletter. You'll receive a freeby!

Many thanks, Brenda, for this chance to meet your readers!

The word Wicked carries a whisper of “I really shouldn’t, but I’m gonna.” Go ahead, try it. Say, “Tonight, I’m going to be wicked.” Feel that satisfied smile tugging at your lips? I love that feeling.

My contemporary romance Through the Red Door was inspired by my love of indie bookshops, as well as my fascination with erotic artwork from long ago. After all, people who lived in Pompeii, ancient Egypt, pre-Colombian Mesoamerica, or Baroque-era Europe were as amorous as we are today, and they expressed their sensuality in erotic art, bawdy songs and stories.

Side note: In my previous career as a high school English teacher, I’d point out the dirty jokes in Romeo and Juliet. I didn’t explain them, of course. I just said, “That’s a bawdy line, y’all,” and giggled to myself as the students tried to figure it out. The Bard had a wicked sense of humor.

So, Clara’s indie bookshop is in trouble, faced with the overwhelming competition of a huge chain store. Her one advantage: an extensive collection of historical erotica curated by her late husband and kept behind a locked red door at the back of her shop. Since Jared’s death, Clara hasn’t had the heart to tend to her collection. Until Professor Nick Papadopoulos arrives in search of research materials for a project.

Here’s an excerpt:

Probably just one of those guys who flirt with everyone. Thinking of him that way made it easier to face the prospect of seeing him again when he came for the rest of the books on his list. She knew in her bones she was not ready for a— what, a fling? A flirtation? A hot tumble among the naughty books? Her body’s fevered response to Nick felt like a betrayal to Jared. But the thought of running her hands along Nick’s tawny skin warmed her in places that had been too cold for too long.

If spicy contemporary romance warms your cockles—and other parts—I hope you’ll enjoy Through the Red Door. If you’ll pop over to my website www.sadirastone.com and sign up for my email newsletter, I’ll send you A Peek Behind the Red Door: Historical Erotica that Inspired the Book Nirvana Series.





9 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love that word--wicked! Great post, and I'm asking myself whether I'd dare walk through the red door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to learn more about you, Sadira. The book sounds yummy – nice teaser of an excerpt! All the best,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking in, Cat. Sadira had a wedding and is out of town. She'll read comments when she returns.

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much, Brenda, for the chance to meet your readers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, now I HAVE to see that collection behind the red door. Looking forward to the wicked read.

    ReplyDelete