Thursday, May 30, 2019

Reading and #Reviews (Wilson, Garr, Dean)


I'm a writer, but I'm also a reader. Each month, I'll share with you what I'm reading and some reviews. My available time to read is limited because I write, but I love to curl up with a book or an eReader at night for the last hour my day.

I tend to read what I write, but not exclusively. My current read is a thriller by Allison Brennan entitled Speak No Evil. It's pretty graphic for me, but I'm thoroughly enjoying the read. I also read romantic suspense, WWII historicals, mysteries, and some main stream character driven novels.

Here are some of the books I've read recently. Maybe you'll discover a new book or author!

Laked by J.L. Wilson 
Romantic Suspense
Vivian DuLac deals in antiques and unusual items she sells in her shop. She also knows a great deal about software and her ex is a CEO of a large software company. Enter Able, who wants to know about the ex and isn’t totally on the up and up with Vivian when they meet. There’s an ancient sword, murder, deception, and a stormy night that brings it all together. The characters in this book really had me hooked. It is Ms. Wilson’s attention to character detail that keeps me coming back to her books. You’ll love the suspense in this story too!





Speedbumps by Teri Garr with Henriette Mantel
I’m a fiction junky, so this biography is an unusual read for me. I have to admit, I was drawn to it because for a period of my life (when Teri was doing the Jockey underwear commercials), I was asked almost daily if I knew I looked like her. Ms. Garr, star of classic films like Young Frankenstein, Oh God!, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Mr. Mom, and the Academy Award nominated Tootsie, tells her story with wit. And it’s not always happy. She spent time with Elvis, the Beatles, and has an illness that wasn’t diagnosed for twenty years. It’s an interesting read.





Love Breaks by Alicia Dean
Alicia Dean is an extremely talented writer. If you love romance stories, Ms. Dean’s collection of ten stories will keep you entertained. If you aren’t normally a short story enthusiast but you love romance, give this book a chance. Short story reading can be fun when you haven’t got a lot of time to invest, but you can use the entertainment a good read brings you.



1 comment: