Thursday, August 11, 2016

SURVIVING MY SUMMER MOOD

TRIPPIN' THURSDAY
In everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose...in our latest season, with only a vague plan and a touch of creativity, we're off on another adventure. Half of this twosome is retired; my half will probably never know what that means. I promise to share.
The only trippin' I've been doing is over my erratic schedule and mood. Can I lend any good advice or tips to you as a result? Suuurrrre!

I discovered that climbing into the shower with yoga pants and a tee shirt under cold water, then sitting in front of a fan really cools you down.

I discovered getting a 16 ounce glass with a lid and straw filled with ice and water, then refilling every time it's empty (two of these before lunch, two before dinner minimum) keeps you hydrated and cooler.

I discovered if I'm jumping between three towns, three beds, it's best to lie and think a minute about where I am in the middle of the dark night before I try negotiating a path to the bathroom.

I discovered switching Internet and phone carriers is uber frustrating. We were able to get out of our Sprint hotbox due to non-existent coverage. My mood was greatly affected by lack of Internet coverage when I needed it. Costco had a deal and we netted new phones, a notebook, and Internet with Verizon for the same amount we were paying for a decent iPhone, crappy cell, and spotty
Internet coverage. Yes, the result was good, the changeover was a hassle. Tip: look at plans and at other places like Costco to save and upgrade.

See the glass with straw? Water and ice!
I discovered buying a new RV is just as infuriating as buying a new car. Yes, we decided to trade in the small RV, the Eagle, for a more comfortable size. Why are we upsizing? Does it mean we actually have a plan on what the next adventure is? Yes. Sort of. And I'll leave that until we are actually in possession of the Wildwood. (a few pics from still on the lot)





No comments:

Post a Comment